Why You Should Be Our Next Employee?
- Great people to work with
- Interesting and challenging opportunities
- A great culture and work environment
Our jobs have lots of variety. We have fun! We work safely. We emphasize training and learning to grow your career. We empower people and let them make decisions. We have opportunities around the globe. We value diversity and work/life balance. We encourage outside the box thinking. We get you involved in exciting projects. We have a passion for customer service and quality products. These are some of the reasons why you want to continue your career with Great Western Malting!
We don't have bureaucracy or office politics. We reward and recognize people. We aren't so large that you can't impact the business and see the results of your efforts. We are flexible. We coach and mentor each other. We have on-line learning.
Join us and make a difference! Develop skills and experience you never imagined. Broaden yourself. Launch your career to the next level at Great Western Malting!
Great Western Malting Trainee Program
Each year we take on one or two graduate production trainees. The program runs for 24 months and provides a wide range of experiences within the production environment across our malting sites alongside a structured training program. Trainees will be given responsibility from day one and get an insight into many aspects of the business including experiences in different locations. You will spend around 6 months at each location while you learn the art of making high quality malt.
The program is for recent graduates who are looking for a career in the malting industry with our preference being for graduates with a degree in agriculture, engineering, or a science subject.
Plant Electrician/Maintenance Technician- Pocatello
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Plant Electrician/Maintenance Technician will perform various combinations of the following tasks during a normal workday.
Commit to Safety
Delivery for our Customers
Lead the Way
Own the Result
- Candidate must consistently demonstrate our Corporate Values.
- Demonstrates a Zero Harm mindset and behaves in a way which promotes our safety culture.
- Engages in the installation, maintenance, adjustment, calibration, repair, and replacement of plant instrument systems, including those designed to measure, record, and control the temperature, pressure, and level.
- Typical environment requires travel on foot throughout the 12 acre plant site, in order to access malthouses, elevators, and storage areas. Plant site access is across multiple levels using stairs, elevators, ladders and man lifts. Approximately 80% of work is performed indoors; outdoor work, when required, must be performed in all weather conditions and at all times of the day/night.
- Supports team projects and process improvement activities as directed.
- Ensure cleanliness of equipment, tools, and personal work station.
- Rotating responsibility for weekly on call shifts.
- Accepts after hour’s emergency call in requests, to repair defective plant equipment, outside the normal operating hours of the maintenance shop.
- Other duties to be assigned as needed; including assisting with the duties of Electrician, Stationary Engineer, Plant Mechanic, and Engineer Helpers.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC programming and communication networks is preferred.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulics with ability to take voltage, amperage, OHM, pressure and/or flow reading in accordance with ladder and schematic diagrams and determine values.
- Ability to be certified to operate forklifts, scissors lifts, and hoists is required.
- Have an understanding of instrumentation and calibration principles.
- Knowledge of and commitment to general safety procedures in manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs, push/pull 75 lbs.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to make effective, quick decisions while following company policies.
- Must have an analytical disposition, along with a willingness to adapt to and lead change.
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities, contributing to a positive team spirit.
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Associates Degree or Technical Certification in relevant program, or combination of education and related work experience is required
- Idaho Journeyman Electrician License required
- Experience or education in brewing/malting industry is a huge plus
- Health & Welfare Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
- Additional benefits will be available after the Probationary period has been completed.
- §401k Plan eligibility
- §Life and AD&D Insurance
- §Sick Pay
- §Roving Holidays
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources - GWM
Senior Manager of Business Intelligence and Business Analytics
Reporting to the North American Director of Finance, the Senior Manager of BI and BA will actively support the North American bulk malt and warehouse business units influencing partners within business units with the power of data to drive change.
COMMIT TO SAFETY
DELIVER FOR THE CUSTOMER
LEAD THE WAY
OWN THE RESULT
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience with an emphasis on business reporting and analytics.
- Strong emotional intelligence and ability to navigate through potential conflict.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills to engage, motivate and inspire direct reports.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools and large data sets required.
- Advanced Excel skills required. SQL experience required and experience with data analysis software packages.
- Demonstrate ability to use data to influence decision making.
- Affinity for business reporting, analysis, forecasting and working with large data sets required.
- Ability to manipulate, interpret and report on large amounts of data.
- Ability to prioritize, anticipate challenges and plan accordingly in an ever changing environment.
- Strong hands-on analytical skillset with attention to detail required.
- Business Acumen skills.
- Collaboration across the organization will be necessary.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and written/verbal communication skills.
- A change leader with the ability to adapt to, implement and manage change.
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics GP and Microsoft Dynamics AX software systems a plus.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Excel, Word, accounting software and databases.
- Experience applying project management best practices.
- Advanced negotiation skills.
- Experience in multi-currency and multi-national Company a bonus.
- Ability to manage results through measurable metrics.
- Self-motivated and seeks out professional growth opportunities.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of time for on-site visits throughout North America.
- Passion for the craft brewing & malting industry is a plus.
- Maintain Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Economic Computer Science or a related field. MBA desirable.
- Applicable business certifications are a plus.
A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided including: medical/dental/vision/RX plan, flex spending accounts, EAP, paid holidays, paid time off program of 4 ½ weeks, basic & voluntary life insurance, STD, LTD & 401(k) plan. Employees are eligible for Brewcraft product discounts, as well as discounts from various external vendors.
TOGETHER WE ARE SAFER
Safety is a core value at GrainCorp. We are committed to a Zero Harm environment and we act consciously every day to keep ourselves and our co-workers safe.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume by end of day September 11, 2017 to email@example.com