Why You Should Be Our Next Employee?
- Great people to work with
- Interesting and challenging opportunities
- A great culture and work environment
Our jobs have lots of variety. We have fun! We work safely. We emphasize training and learning to grow your career. We empower people and let them make decisions. We have opportunities around the globe. We value diversity and work/life balance. We encourage outside the box thinking. We get you involved in exciting projects. We have a passion for customer service and quality products. These are some of the reasons why you want to continue your career with Great Western Malting!
We don't have bureaucracy or office politics. We reward and recognize people. We aren't so large that you can't impact the business and see the results of your efforts. We are flexible. We coach and mentor each other. We have on-line learning.
Join us and make a difference! Develop skills and experience you never imagined. Broaden yourself. Launch your career to the next level at Great Western Malting!
Great Western Malting Trainee Program
Each year we take on one or two graduate production trainees. The program runs for 24 months and provides a wide range of experiences within the production environment across our malting sites alongside a structured training program. Trainees will be given responsibility from day one and get an insight into many aspects of the business including experiences in different locations. You will spend around 6 months at each location while you learn the art of making high quality malt.
The program is for recent graduates who are looking for a career in the malting industry with our preference being for graduates with a degree in agriculture, engineering, or a science subject.
Malt Operator – Temporary - Pocatello, ID
Reporting to the Plant Management team, the Malt Operator will join a team of passionate malting professionals. Malt Operators must be available to work day, swing or night shifts as needed. This position will be a 120 day temporary assignment.
- Efficient operating of equipment while following established procedures
- Learn all aspects of our Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures including our Zero Harm program.
- Ensuring that all safety rules and procedures are understood and followed by self and co-workers; including wearing of all required PPE in various situations including: goggles, dust mask, gloves, steel toed boots, rain gear, hearing protection, hard hat, full face respirator.
- Ensure all serious non-conformances safety/environmental permits, approvals, regulations and best practices as described in company Key Operating Procedures have been promptly reported to the Maintenance & Plant Managers.
- Unloading and loading of malting compartments using power spool and unloading boards.
- Sanitation of compartments, interior and exterior of building and conveyors using wash water and compressed air, broom and shovel.
- Filling and draining of the steep tanks, and taking barley to steep tank by conveyor.
- Monitoring germination and drying temperatures.
- Inspect and analyze malt daily, monitor the malting and roasting processes and make operational changes to ensure malt meets customer specifications.
- Minimum 2 years of experience operating complex manufacturing process equipment is desired.
- Critical reasoning skills, ability to read, write, perform math calculations on a high school level.
- Must be self-motivated, with an ability to troubleshoot issues and determine appropriate resolution and develop sense of ownership of processes.
- Above average verbal communication skills are required, plus willingness to work in a team environment with peers in various departments and trades.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel is preferred.
- Malting or brewing industry knowledge and/or experience is a huge plus.
- Unionized environment. Optional membership in Teamsters Local 983.
- Highly physical position, including walking, sitting, standing, climbing stairs in the plant environment including outdoor work in all seasons during day, swing or night shifts
- Occasional heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs)
- Use of PPE
- Must be able to wear a respirator
- Exposure to industrial noise from plant machinery
High school degree or GED is required. Some technical training is a plus.
During the Temporary period the hourly rate follows a tiered wage scale over the first 120 days, until the $22.58 per hour regular rate is reached. Additional
shift premiums apply.
- 0-30 days = $19.19
- 31-60 days = $20.32
- 61-120 days = $21.45
- 120+ days = $22.58
Pension contributions will be provided for all compensable hours.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume by end of day June 9th, 2017 to:
Human Resources - GWM
Purchasing Specialist - Vancouver, WA
An associate level purchaser with 2 years of experience.
Reporting to the Director of Procurement, you will be a member of a small, close-knit team of professionals where success hinges on active involvement with, and commitment to your team. This team is tightly integrated into the fabric of the organization and supports a network of distribution centers spread across the U.S. and Canada.
- Manage inventory levels to minimize customer order fulfillment disappointments while optimizing inventory efficiencies.
- Manage all aspects of supply-side product quality to help ensure our customers get optimum quality products at all times.
- Partner with multiple internal customers to provide support to the broader business.
- Constantly seek out ways to improve existing processes to deliver greater value to our customers.
- Analyze sales and inventory data; drawing logical and meaningful conclusions, generating reports and detailed action plans.
- 2 years full-time experience in demand planning, sourcing, purchasing and vendor management
- Commodity purchasing experience will be an advantage
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft AX or other mainstream ERP
- Solid MS Excel skills will be a necessity
- Excellent ability to analyze situations accurately and effectively.
- Demonstrable business communication skills
- Negotiation skills are a plus
- Ability to work well in a team environment, and independently as needed
- Well-developed skills in prioritizing, organizing, decision making, time management, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Passion for the craft brewing and malting industries are a plus
Post-secondary education in Supply Chain, Logistics or Business Administration is desirable
A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided. We offer a generous benefits package including: medical/dental/vision/Rx plan, flex spending accounts, EAP, paid holidays, paid time off program of 4 ½ weeks, basic & voluntary life insurance, accident insurance, STD, LTD, 401(k), tuition reimbursement & fitness subsidy. Employees are eligible for Brewcraft product discounts, as well as discounts from various external vendors.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume by end of day June 16th, 2017 to: