Global Community Fund
The Community Fund provides financial support to organizations and projects that contribute to local community development in GrainCorp's operational regions around the world.
To be eligible for funding, a project or organization must have a positive effect on the community by supporting its well-being and safety and/or
its local infrastructure.
To read more about how the Global Community Fund works Click Here.
Note: The project must be endorsed by one or more GrainCorp employees in the application process.
In the Community
Great Western Malting employees feel strongly about giving back to the local communities in which we operate. In 2015 Great Western Malting was recognized by the Vancouver Downtown Association with the Corporate Citizen Game Changer of the Year Award. The employees of Great Western Malting regularly participate in numerous events and fund raising activities to support local charities and communities. For example, employees have participated in the following:
- School supplies drives to provide school supplies to children in local schools
- Blood drives for the American Red Cross
- Fundraising for families in need
- Fruit Valley School Jump Start Kindergarten Reading Program
- Exercise programs for local schools
- Food drives for the local food banks and schools
- Clothing drives for the homeless and disadvantaged schools
- Toy drives for underprivileged children
- Fund raising for charities (e.g. Muscular Dystrophy)
- Various employee volunteering events
- Walking Path for Fishers Landing School
- Support for local hospitals (quilts, blankets)
- Crisis situations (flood relief, family emergencies, etc.)
Process Supervisor Isabel Gutierrez teaches Zumba classes to children at a low income elementary school.
Malting Manager Robert Seggewiss and Engineering Helper John French donating blood at a company sponsored annual American Red Cross on-site blood donation event.